Saturday, May 9, 2009

Next Endeavor

God has recently called me to lead a Bible study over the summer for our church's rising high school juniors and seniors. I told the idea to two people and... BAM! the class dates, time, and room were approved before I even had time to think about it.
Excited? Yes!
Nervous? I am now!!
How do I know it was God's plan and not my own? God didn't give me the chance to even think about saying no. I'll take that as a direct order from my Lord, and do my best to serve Him.

So I'm searching for books on student leadership, and seeking Godly counsel on which study I should pursue. The girls I'll be studying with are grounded and mature in their faith, and I feel that God is leading me to seize the opportunity to direct them to be confident and strong Christian leaders as they step into the world, their schools, and stand up among their youth group as well.

If you have any suggestions for applicable studies, please give me your input! And I'll gratefully accept your prayers. I want to take on this endeavor with humility and wisdom, and I'll more than need the Holy Spirit's guidance as I lead these young Christians into the leadership roles God has for them.

1 Timothy 4:11-13
11Command and teach these things. 12Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 13Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment