Thursday, August 12, 2010

Revamp!

It is well beyond due time for an aesthetic revamp of my physical blog!  And it's only fitting, seeing as how my whole life is physically changing in the next week.
I won't bore you with too many details of which you are probably already aware, but I do want to reflect and re-reflect over the happenings of the past year and a half, motivated by reading over my initial blog entry, entitled "What's Next?" 
I quite vividly remember typing up that blog entry, sitting in the floor of my new apartment (Emily, Kari and I didn't even have furniture yet), wondering confusedly, yet patiently, what was in store for me.  

How humbling it is now to be able to stand and look back at what I've learned:

Over the past year and a half, my eyes have been opened so much to the brokenness of the world -- the detriment of sin, the price it requires, and the generational payment of its debt.  I can't say it hasn't aged me.  But I can say that it has humbled me and increased my understanding of the need for grace, as well as the necessity of increasing man's knowledge and attainment of grace.  Nothing in this broken world functions without it.  

On a lighter note, I can also say that I have personally experienced in more fullness the magnitude of God's faithfulness, and as juvenile as it may sound, learned that I can trust Him.  Simply put.  It's so beautiful to say and to know it in truth.  

And how exciting to be able to step forward into where I'm going:

For the past several months I've been preparing to move to North Carolina to attend Southeastern Seminary to pursue a career in short term missions, which I believe is God's call to my life.
God is leading me with a peace that transcends all understanding to begin this new adventure.  I wish I could put into words for you how confident I feel taking this next step.  I don't mean to say that I know exactly where I'll go from there or what I'll do, but God has given me the wisdom to know obedience is momentary, and His vision is far broader than mine.  So I'll take this step in obedience and pray for more wisdom and guidance as I pursue my education and career at seminary.

Of course I have fears, misgivings, and even tears at leaving what has been my home for the past 6 years.  I'll miss my friends and my church family more than I can even comprehend at this point, and being 11 hours from my family won't make visits easy.
Do I feel prepared to attend class with scholars and students filled with far more Godly wisdom and knowledge than I've ever dreamed of having? No.
Do I feel capable of walking in the steps of the path God has laid out before me? Not at all.
Do I know I can do anything with the power of the Spirit which raised Christ from the dead?! Right now I do.  Haha, I mean let's be transparent here.  I'll forget that a few times before I remember it again.  But I do know that God's provision this far in my life foreshadows His continual presence through the remainder of it, and gives proof to the promises that He will fulfill His good work in me.


By the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain . . . 1 Corinthians 15:10

So I'm not worried!  I have confidence in Christ's sovereignty.  I have capability in the Spirit who lives in me.  And I have encouragement in fellowship with my "partners in ministry" (that's a fancy way of saying, YOU!).

So it is again time for me to Get Up and Stand on my feet.  The mission God has placed before me is to live as a servant and as a witness to the things which I have seen and those which He will show me. (Acts 26:16) And having been greatly humbled, loved, and lead, I take up my cross in surrender and follow my Lord to North Carolina... For now.





No comments:

Post a Comment